Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Starvation Deaths in Jharkhand

While reading something else yesterday, I stumbled onto an article from 2010 on starvation deaths in jharkhand. I checked the latest news, hoping the state govt. had had time to redress this unacceptable situation. It had not – deaths from hunger are still in the news in 2017. 30 % of Jharkhand’s children are wasted and nearly half are underweight.

For those who cry speciously ‘Give BJP more time’ – this is what BJP governments have achieved in Jharkhand since 2000, where they have been in power for a vast majority of the years. And ofcourse Jharkhand has its own Lalu also in the form of Madhu Koda.

Bihar, on the other hand reduced its underweight children from 56 % to 44 % between 2006 and 2016. Nitish is widely credited as having given a firm leadership to the State.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/direct-benefit-transfer-pilot-project-for-food-subsidies-turns-a-burden-in-jharkhand/story-vhmptJS0H3OThCZB0a82MI.html
http://rchiips.org/NFHS/pdf/NFHS4/BR_FactSheet.pdf

1 comment:

  1. You really make it seem so easy alonng with your presentation but I
    to find this matter to be really something that I think I might by no means
    understand. It seems too complicated and extremely broad
    for me. I amm taking a look ahead to your subsequent post,
    I'll attempt to get the hold of it!

    ReplyDelete