Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Six countries now generate 70-100 % of their energy from renewables !

A recent study by Stanford University researchers predicted that the world could be powered entirely by renewable energy in just 20 to 40 years from now.

Iceland generates the most clean electricity per person on earth, with 100% of its energy coming from renewable sources.

Costa Rica is among the top renewable energy users, with 99% of its electricity needs coming from hydroelectric, geothermal, and wind

Close behind is Norway, with 98% of electricity coming from renewable resources, mostly hydropower.

Thanks to a supportive regulatory environment and a strong partnership between the public and private sector, Uruguay has invested heavily in wind and solar power, without using subsidies or increasing consumer costs. And as a result, it now boasts a national energy supply that’s 95% renewables-powered, achieved in less than 10 years.

Thanks to government investment in wind, solar, and geothermal energy, Nicaragua's aim of being 90% renewables-powered by the year 2020 appears to be an achievable goal.

Kenya has invested heavily in geothermal energy production, which accounted for more than half their energy mix in 2015. They also have Africa’s largest wind farm, providing another 20% of their installed electricity generating capacity.

In 2015, Sweden threw down the gauntlet with an ambitious goal: eliminating fossil fuel usage within its borders. They’ve increased their investment in solar power, wind power, energy storage, smart grids, and clean transport.

Denmark aims to be 100% fossil-fuel-free by 2050 and it plans to use wind power to achieve that goal. They already set a world record in 2014, producing almost 40% of their overall electricity needs from wind power and the latest figures put them firmly on track to meet their first goal of obtaining 50% of their electricity from renewables by the year 2020.

Using a combination of grid-connected wind farms and standalone turbines, the United Kingdom now generates more electricity from wind farms than from coal power plants. 

The United States of America has one of the world’s largest installed solar photo-voltaic capacities and an installed wind energy capacity second only to China. But it is also one of the world’s biggest energy consumers, which tends to cancel out much of its renewable capacity. Nevertheless, if more attention was paid to renewables over fossil fuels, it has been estimated that the U.S. could reduce its emissions by almost 80% in only 15 years, without impacting on consumer electricity costs.

Acknowledgement : The above post has been reworked from information given on this page.

34 comments:

  1. Hi, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback?
    If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can advise?
    I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any support is very
    much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this website with
    us so I came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Wonderful blog and terrific design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy! Quick question that's entirely off topic.
    Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly?

    My web site looks weird when viewing from my apple iphone.
    I'm trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this problem.

    If you have any suggestions, please share. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really interesting points you have written.Helped me a
    lot, just what I was searching for :D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wһoah this weblog is magnificent i like studying
    yоur articⅼes. Stay up the great work! Yoս recognize,
    a lot of personsѕ are hunting round foг this information, yoou could
    help them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made some really good points there.

    I looked on the web for more info about the issue and found most individuals
    will go along with your views on this website.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! Awesome article dude! Many thanks, However I am going through issues with
    your RSS. I don't understand why I can't join it. Is there
    anyone else getting identical RSS issues?
    Anyone that knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When someone writes an article he/she keeps the image of
    a user in his/her brain that how a user can know it.
    Thus that's why this article is great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this blog loading?

    I'm trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it's the blog.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When someone writes an post he/she keeps the image of a user in his/her mind that how a user can be aware of it.
    Therefore that's why this post is great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Today, while I was at work, my sister stole my iPad and tested to see if it can survive
    a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My iPad is now broken and she has 83 views. I know this is totally off topic but I had to share it with someone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy reading a post that will make people think.

    Also, many thanks for allowing me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I constantly spent my half an hour to read this blog's
    articles or reviews everyday along with a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Please let me know if you're looking for a writer for your weblog.
    You have some really great posts and I believe I would be a good
    asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I'd love to write some articles for your blog in exchange for a link back to
    mine. Please shoot me an email if interested. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful post.
    Many thanks for providing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is usually really a good in addition to beneficial piece of knowledge.
    We are happy that you just contributed this helpful advice about.
    Please keep us updated such as this. Appreciation for discussing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Well written!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi there superb blog! Does running a blog similar tto this take a
    great deal of work? I have absolutely no knowledge of computer
    programming however I had been hoping to start my own bloog soon. Anyhow, if youu have any suggestions or techniques for new blog owners please share.

    I understand this is off topic however I just needed to ask.
    Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hola! I've been following your blog for some time now annd finally got the
    bravery to go ahead aand give you a shout out fro Porter Tx!
    Just wanted to mention keep up thhe great work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, after reading this remarkable piece of writing i am aas wel delighted to share
    mmy experience here with colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply want to say your article is as astounding. The clearness in your post is just cool and i could assume you're an expert on this
    subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your feed to
    keep updated with forthcoming post. Thanks
    a million and please keep up the enjoyable work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My brother recommended I may like this web site. He used to be totally right.
    This publish actually made my day. You can not believe just how much time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Appreciating the hard work you put into your website
    and in depth information you provide. It's nice to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old rehashed material.
    Wonderful read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Excellent web site. Lots of useful information here.
    I am sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious.

    And of course, thank you in your sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Most Online jobs won't require any specific educational background although when they do, the Employer will specify about which skill sets you
    ought to have before applying. But do not worry, if you're good and still
    have need to do business from home, you can make back your $49.

    There are hundreds to a huge number of work inside internet.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I got this web site from my friend who shared
    with me on the topic of this site and at the moment this time I am visiting this website and reading very informative articles
    at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Unquestionably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while people think about worries that they
    plainly don't know about. You managed to hit the
    nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a
    signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel this site needs far
    more attention. I'll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi to all, the contents present at this web page are really remarkable for people knowledge,
    well, keep up the nice work fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I’m not that much of a onlune reader tto be honest but your
    sites really nice, keep itt up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your
    website tto come bacck later on. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have fun with, cause I discovered exactly what I used to be looking for.
    You have ended my 4 day long hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day.
    Bye

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very good post. I am experiencing some of these issues as well..

    ReplyDelete
  33. My family all the time say that I amm wasting my tije here at net, except I know I am getting know-how all the
    time by reading thes nice articles or reviews.

    ReplyDelete